Sunday, June 13, 2010

Afternoon Tea Camps Bay Style

Again these are very old pics taken earlier this year from South Africa. Even in the heat I couldn't resist sampling the gorgeous cakes and sweet treats on offer & loved how it was displayed in elegent glass domes. By now your probably seeing alittle trend emerging..........that on my quest for vintage gems and inspiration for Cutie Pie,  I simply LOVE afternoon tea's, interiors, reworked vintage treasures and vintage crockery.
I love the above teacup light fittings. Originally Cutie Pie used to sell reworked vintage chandeliers by moi which were dripping with vintage silverware & vintage crockery. I still have baskets full of silver vintage teapots and mother of pearl cutlery. Now that I have a new home I am hoping to design two chandeliers & will promise to post pics when they are complete. But as we have quite alot of work to do on our little masion it may be quite some time yet.

However I may have found an easier solution. I recently stumbled upon REcreate by Katie Thompson, which is an aladdin's cave of re worked vintage treasures. Here is whats on my wish list for my new home..........



No comments:

Post a Comment