Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Afternoon Delights

As Oscar Wilde said in The Importance of Being Earnest, "I believe that it is customary in good society to take some light refreshment at five o'clock."


I couldn't agree more with you Oscar and after a spot of Christmas shopping what better way to finish the day with Afternoon Tea at Liberty's. Orange blossom and rose petal jam with hot buttery scones went down a treat and was the perfect end to my Christmas shopping.


Kate Wilson's illustrations for Liberty's menu's were so beautiful I had to take a wee picture of them. You can find more of her work over at http://cargocollective.com/littledoodles 






Although its always a danger venturing into Liberty's as I undoubtedly always fall in love with something.....yesterday it was Rob Ryans tea towels, which I had to have. You see I believe in the Christmas shopping motto of one for you, one for me........

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love these illustrations! I am going to check out those Rob Ryan tea towels now :) x

    ReplyDelete